About Online Remote Technical Support
This is a feature MoreThanData uses to help better diagnose any problems you are having using one of our software applications. This service uses a small utility that allows an MTD support technician to connect to your computer and diagnose your problem. It also allows us to provide remote training.
This utility is a web-based solution for remote support and training. Once the MTD technician is connected to your PC, they have a set of tools at their disposal that give them just about the same capabilities as if they were sitting in front of your computer. As long as both you and the technician have a working connection to the Internet, the physical distance between your computers is irrelevant.
When sharing a connection to your computer with someone, a primary concern should be maintaining security not just for your computer but for your entire network. This utility addresses these concerns as follows:
- There is no need to open any extra ports on your corporate or personal firewall, as all communications between our technician and your PC makes use of the standard web protocol (HTTP).
- An encrypted connection is established between our technician and you, using established Internet security protocols (256-bit SSL).
- Support sessions are initiated by you: a technician cannot examine your PC without your approval.
- Once the support session has ended, all access rights to your PC are removed.
- Nothing is permanently installed on your PC. A small applet is downloaded when the session starts and is removed when the session ends.
If MTD Support has already invited you to an online support session, go here to begin.